BSL Interpreter onsite
The years festival sees the inclusion of BSL interpretation of the Opening Ceremony an Wednesday After, The Closing Ceremony and showcase on Sunday. As well as selected Children’s workshops. If you require assistance with BSL please approach HQ for access to BSL on site.
- The site is relatively wheelchair friendly as there are only a couple of gentle slopes.
- There are disabled toilet facilities on the field and near the stable block
- We have access to transport carts to help you get around – pop into our HQ area to get assistance.
- We have a camping area designated for those with mobility issues which is as close as possible to all the action!
- There are Disabled showers for easy access and comfort
- If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask us anything at firstname.lastname@example.org
PonyAxeS at the Summer School 2018
Tribe of Doris welcomes all people of all abilities. For this reason 2018 will be the year when Tribe of Doris will be the first event in the world to provide additional help for wheelchair users with the help of PonyAxeS. Simon Mulholland will be on hand and with the help of his pony Obama will make sure all wheelchair users can use the site and surrounding grounds with an Ibex pony drawn wheelchair friendly vehicle. Wheelchair users can travel around in 100% safety, whilst still in their wheelchair due to the revolutionary quick release system. PonyAxeS is about access rather than a horse drawn activity although it’s a great way to get around. None wheelchair users who have mobility issues will also be able to use the service. When not in use for the less mobile there will be opportunities for everyone to try it out. For more information please visit https://ponyaxes.com/safety/
One of our participants Tegan Vincent-Cooke helped to make a film about living with cerebral palsy
If you do not feel you can afford to come to Doris there are numerous opportunities to volunteer with us and still have time to enjoy workshops, open mic nights and performances. Please follow this link for more info