Balancing needs with sustainability
Our wonderful volunteers and crew are an essential part of Tribe of Doris Festival, providing the support, care and attention that allows everything to run smoothly. Without them we would not be able to run the event. We recognise that not everyone can afford to buy a full price ticket to come to Tribe of Doris Festival but they may really want to be part of what we do. Reflecting on this we devised our working tickets which cost less but still allow you to access the workshops and be a key part of the event. Additionally, the financial support that working tickets provide are a vital part of keeping the event financially sustainable.
Tribe of Doris Festival is very different from a festival, and in order to provide top quality tuition and a unique diverse “world village community” event we need to make it financially sustainable. That includes making sure there are provisions for our crew and staff. We really value the contributions from volunteers and it’s a great experience that offers opportunities to learn transferable skills. Volunteering through a working ticket also gives you the chance to become an integral part of the organisation in the future, helping to shape and determine its course.
- You must be over 18 to volunteer with us.
- If you have worked with us since in the last two years simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we know you want to get involved again.
- Working tickets cost £65 except site crew, first aid, wellbeing and artist liaison (see below). You will be refunded £20 onsite at the end of the event pending completion of work. This is due when you are accepted onto the team.
- DEADLINE FOR PAYMENTS: Two weeks after being sent an acceptance email. Your place will not be confirmed until payment is received.
- Once we receive your application we will phone you to chat through your first choice. If your first choice is no longer available we will discuss your second choice. When we have both agreed that you will join the team you will be sent a follow up email with details of how to make a bank transfer to Tribe of Doris (non-refundable). It ensures that in exchange for working, you benefit from access to all workshops outside of your shifts, plus free camping and parking.
- The £20 deposit return is subject to you attending all of your shifts and completing your contracted hours.
- There is a designated crew camping area with cooking facilities so that you can get to know the rest of the lovely crew and make food easily
- If you are bringing a child to Tribe of Doris Festival and wish to work as well, you must have childcare provisions whilst you are on shift
- Please look at the various roles below to see what suits you best
- We thank everyone who applies in advance for their interest and support. We value your input greatly.