- Held in the stunning 900 acre grounds of Stanford Hall in Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 6DH
- Gates open 12 noon on Wednesday 8th August 2018.
- Whichever day you arrive please arrive by 10pm as that is when the gates close!
- Everyone should be off site by 4pm Sunday 13th August
- No pets allowed, sorry! Although our hosts at Stanford Hall have a dog that you may see in the grounds.
(click on the highlighted city for full directions)
If you are flying to Doris the nearest airports are:
- East Midlands (40 minutes)
- Birmingham Airport (40 minutes)
- Stansted Airport (London) (70 minutes)
- Luton Airport (London) (70 minutes)
- Heathrow (London) (2 hours)
Rugby is the closest train station to Stanford Hall.
- It's lovely to travel with someone you've just met, reduce your carbon footprint and share travel costs! We will create a lift sharing page on Facebook nearer the time.
- If you want to bring in a live-in vehicle you will need to purchase a 'campervan pass' which costs £20.
- If you are travelling by car please buy a 'car park pass' (£10 for up to 5 days)
- If you are just coming for a day then you can buy a car pass for £5
- Link to Carbon offsetting
Rugby is the closest train station to Stanford Hall. Taxis cost around £20 one way.
Taxi companies: Compass 01788 222222 or Call a car 01788 540800
- Camping is included in the ticket price
- General Camping is for those who like to go to bed late and/or don't mind a bit of noise. This will include live in vehicles parked to one side. Portable toilets and showers will be closest to general camping as it is nearer the water supply
- Quieter camping is for those who may go to bed early or who are sensitive to noise. Please be aware that we cannot totally eradicate noise from the campsites. Also space for live-in vehicles, parked to one side. Still, less than 5 min walk to nearest showers/toilets.
- Luxury accommodation in the stables of Stanford Hall. There are only 5 rooms still available with either 2, 3 or 4 single beds in each. Double beds can be arranged. Most of the rooms have a shared bathroom, a couple have en-suites. Average room prices £150 per room, per night. Please contact us to find out availability and specific pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glamp in authentic Mongolian yurts, accommodating up to 6 people with futon beds, bedding and wood burners. SOLD OUT
- Bell Tents - Tribe of Doris have a limited number of unfurnished 4 metre & 5-metre bell tents available for hire. We will set them up and pack them down for you and they cost £130 for the whole event.
- Other local accommodation options
Showers, Toilets and Public Swimming
- There will be gas powered showers and portable toilets (including disabled access) in the general camping area.
- There are also men's and women's toilets (including disabled access) in the stable block. Please note that there will be no access to showers in the stable block this year. All showers will be on the field
- You are welcome to bathe in the river at your own risk.
- Please do not use the lake as people complain of skin irritation
Food and Drink
Sugar Loaf Rum Shack
Let the tantalising flavours from far off Caribbean Islands warm your cockles, soothe your nerves, ease your joints and make you smile. At this years Rum Shack we will be serving fine and varied Rums from the Islands of Cuba, Barbados, St. Lucia and the very latest new Rums from Jamaica. Our mixes will be usual juices plus our popular specialities ‘mango and chilli’ and ‘mojito’ style with fresh mint and lime. In addition, this year’s ‘Wellness Warrior’ will be serving powerful herb, root and bark infusions to ease sore throats, aid blood cleansing, assist with Women’s pains and improve virility (ahem!) amongst other tings. He is also serving up a hot roots tea of a night time. Wine, Beer and Cider are also on offer. The shack will be full of Reggae, Soca and African vibes as usual and our outside fire will be there to drum around. The Rum Shack will open at 18:00.
Eat with the Tribe on long tables designed to share huge platters of delicious food in the Stable dining room. Now available at the shop
- We are thrilled to welcome back everybody's favourite pizza providers 'Pizza of Dreams' Eirlys will bring their wood fired ovens and smiley staff to the field for the third year, yum yum!
- Lovely Dave and Annette who run The Cake Hole at Shambala Festival will be running our Doris Cafe & Open Mic Night for the second year serving delicious hot drinks, cakes and hot meals (especially nice for those hungry tummies at Open mic and party nights!)
- If you would like to bring a food or goods stall to Tribe of Doris Summer School please apply here