- Held in the stunning 900 acre grounds of Stanford Hall in Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 6DH
- Gates open 12 noon on Wednesday 9th August 2017.
- Whichever day you arrive please arrive by 10pm as that is when the gates close!
- Everyone should be off site by 4pm Sunday 13th August
- No pets allowed, sorry! Although our hosts at Stanford Hall have a dog that you may see in the grounds.
Directions by car (click on the highlighted city for full directions)
- From Bristol (2 hours 10 mins) & the South West
- From Birmingham (45 mins)
- From London (2 hours) & the South East
- From York (2 hours 15 mins) & the North East
- From Manchester (2 hours 20 mins) & the North West
By train – Rugby is the closest train station to Stanford Hall.
- 50 minutes from London Euston – link for ticket prices – currently only £12 return
- 2 hours from Bristol – link for ticket prices – currently only £12 return
- 35 minutes from Birmingham – link for ticket prices – currently £10.90 return
- 2 hours from Manchester or Sheffield – link for ticket prices – currently £32 return
Rugby is the closest train station to Stanford Hall. Taxis cost around £20 one way.
Taxi companies: Compass 01788 222222 or Call a car 01788 540800
If you are flying to Doris the nearest airports are:
- East Midlands (40 minutes)
- Birmingham Airport (40 minutes)
- Stansted Airport (London) (70 minutes)
- Heathrow (London) (2 hours)
- It’s lovely to travel with someone you’ve just met, reduce your carbon footprint and share travel costs! We will create a lift sharing page on Facebook nearer the time.
- If you want to bring in a live-in vehicle you will need to purchase a ‘campervan pass‘ which costs £20.
- If you are travelling by car please buy a ‘car park pass‘ (£10 for up to 5 days)
- If you are just coming for a day then you can buy a car pass for £5
- Link to Carbon offsetting
- Camping is included in the ticket price
- General Camping is for those who like to go to bed late and/or don’t mind a bit of noise. This will include live in vehicles parked to one side. Portable toilets and showers will be closest to general camping as it is nearer the water supply
- Quieter camping is for those who may go to bed early or who are sensitive to noise. Please be aware that we cannot totally eradicate noise from the camp sites. Also space for live in vehicles, parked to one side. Still less than 5 min walk to nearest showers/toilets.
- Luxury accommodation in the stables of Stanford Hall. There are only 5 rooms still available with either 2, 3 or 4 single beds in each. Double beds can be arranged. Most of the rooms have a shared bathroom, a couple have en-suites. Prices are £150 per room, per night. Please contact us to find out availability at email@example.com
- Glamp in authentic Mongolian yurts, accommodating up to 6 people with futon beds, bedding and wood burners. They cost £400 for the full 4 nights (Weds night to Saturday night). Portable toilets will be situated close to the yurts. You cannot cook in the yurts. These are now SOLD OUT
- Bell Tents – Tribe of Doris have a limited number of unfurnished 4 metre & 5 metre bell tents available for hire. We will set them up and pack them down for you and they cost £130 for the whole event. These are now SOLD OUT
- Other local accommodation options
SHOWERS & TOILETS & PUBLIC SWIMMING
- There will be gas powered showers and portable toilets (including disabled access) in the general camping area.
- There are also also men’s and women’s toilets (including disabled access) in the stable block. Please note that there will be no access to showers in the stable block this year. All showers will be on the field
- You are welcome to bathe in the river at your own risk.
- Please do not use the lake as people complain of skin irritation
FOOD & DRINK
SUGAR LOAF RUM SHACK
Let the tantalising flavours from far off Caribbean Islands warm your cockles, soothe your nerves, ease your joints and make you smile. At this years Rum Shack we will be serving fine and varied Rums from the Islands of Cuba, Barbados, St. Lucia and the very latest new Rums from Jamaica. Our mixes will be usual juices plus our popular specialities ‘mango and chilli’ and ‘mojito’ style with fresh mint and lime. In addition, this year’s ‘Wellness Warrior’ will be serving powerful herb, root and bark infusions to ease sore throats, aid blood cleansing, assist with Women’s pains and improve virility (ahem!) amongst other tings. He is also serving up a hot roots tea of a night time. Wine, Beer and Cider are also on offer. The shack will be full of Reggae, Soca and African vibes as usual and our outside fire will be there to drum around. The Rum Shack will open at 18:00.
- We are thrilled to welcome back everybody’s favourite pizza providers ‘Pizza of Dreams‘ Eirlys will bring their wood fired ovens and smiley staff to the field for the third year, yum yum!
- Simply Rawgeous will provide an extensive, healthy and delicious raw food menu this year, as well as running our sauna! Their menu will include falafel wraps, salads, curries, nut burgers. For dessert expect raw cakes, chocolate, apple pie and ice cream…yummy! See their website for more info
- Scoff and Relish will be cooking delicious breakfast pancakes, hearty soups, stews, salads and savoury scones. Run by Mijanou and her fabulous team, their food is tasty, filling and their meat options are all free range.
- Jam Dung Kitchen is a family run catering and events management company established in Jamaica and now bringing that Jamaican twist to the Summer School! Serving cereals, cornmeal & oat porridge, fried dumplings with ackee and saltfish, boiled green bananas with steamed callaloo and fried plantains, Jamaican spinach soup, rice & pea, Jamaican chicken stew, jerk chicken, Fried fish, Steamed veg/callaloo, homemade Jamaican fruit punch, and Jamaican sweet potato pudding
- Lovely Dave and Annette who run The Cake Hole at Shambala Festival will be running our Doris Cafe & Open Mic Night for the second year serving delicious hot drinks, cakes and hot meals (especially nice for those hungry tummies at Open mic and party nights!)
- Everyone’s favourite Scots, Billy & Elaine are back to run Coffeecab, the perfect place for real coffee lovers to keep going when energy levels are flagging!